Klingon language resources – Language Links Database
The Klingon language – is the constructed language spoken by the fictional Klingons in the Star Trek universe. Described in the 1984 book The Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand and deliberately designed to sound “alien”, it has a number of typologically uncommon features. The language’s basic sound, along with a few words, was first devised by actor James Doohan (“Scotty”) for Star Trek: The Motion Picture. That film marked the first time the language had been heard on screen. In all previous appearances, Klingons spoke in English. Klingon was subsequently developed by Okrand into a full-fledged language.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: Around a dozen fluent speakers (1996) 😀
Official language in: GeekLand
Klingon Grammar and Pronunciation
- Kli.org - The Klingon Language Institute
- Kli.org - 6 lessons (pdf)
- Wikipedia - Extensive Klingon Grammar
- Wikipedia - Phonology and writing systen
- Klingonska.org Klingonska Akademien – Your guide to the Klingon language. Flashcards, glossary and maaany more.
- Hol.kag.org Klingon Language Academy – grammar guide, language lessons, flashcards, games and more (also in Swedish)
- Qephom.de - Grammar, vocabulary and writing system
- AngelFire - Alphabet and basic vocabulary
- Klingon.org - The official website of the Klingon Imperial Diplomatic Corps, dedicated to the promotion and preservation of Klingon culture and society here on Earth. On this award-winning website, you will find over 200 webpages of Klingon data.
Digitized Grammar Books
- Google Books Klingon for the Galactic Traveler by Marc Okrand (2012)
- Academia.edu Question Formation in Klingon by Alex Dzurick (2009)(pdf). Website requires free registration.
Klingon Reading Materials
- Google Books The Klingon Hamlet by Lawrence Schoen (2001)
- Google Books GhIlghameS: A Klingon Translation (2000)
- Google Books The Star Trek: The Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand (1992)
- Google Books St Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand (2012)
Klingon Listening and Video Resources
PODCASTS / AUDIOBOOKS
TV / VIDEO / MOVIES