Albanian language resources – Language Links Database
Albanian – is an Indo-European language spoken by approximately 7.6 million people, primarily in Albania, Kosovo, the Republic of Macedonia and Greece, but also in other areas of Southeastern Europe in which there is an Albanian population, including Montenegro and Serbia (Presevo Valley). Centuries-old communities speaking Albanian-based dialects can be found scattered in Greece, southern Italy, Sicily and Ukraine.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: unknown (undated figure of 7.6 million)
Official language in: Albania, Kosovo
Albanian Grammar and Pronunciation
- MyLanguages.org - free courses below about adjectives, adverbs, articles, gender (feminine, masculine…), negation, nouns, numbers, phrases, plural, prepositions, pronouns, questions, verbs, vocabulary, excercises… to help you with your Albanian grammar.
- Learn101.org - “All the lessons contain audio and are all offered for free. We will learn the alphabet together. We will also review some simple grammar rules, practice common phrases, and we will have fun memorizing many important vocabulary lists, and everything else that you see below.”
- ILanguages.org - this site is designed to teach you and help you learn Albanian for free through vocabulary, phrases, grammar and flashcards (vocabulary trainer).
- Albanian101 - frequency list, vocabulary, grammar and many more
- WikiBooks - alphabet and vocabulary
Albanian Reading Materials
- Shekulli - a newspaper online
- 24-ore.com - a newspaper online
- Kohajone.com - a newspaper online
Albanian Listening and Video Resources
TV / Video / Movies
- AlsatTv - online TV Station
- AlbanianScreenTv - TV and News on-line
- Peace Corps Course – Lessons 1-19 (34:32)
- Learn Albanian With Viola – YouTube Channel with dozens of videos
- Albanian101 - list of over 60 Radio Stations
If you want to help with expanding this list of resources, please send me your suggestions here.