Bavarian language resources – Language Links Database
Bavarian (also known as Bavarian German, Austrian or Austro-Bavarian; Boarisch [ˈbɔɑ̯rɪʃ] or Bairisch; German: Bairisch [ˈbaɪ̯ʁɪʃ]) is a major group of Upper German varieties spoken in the southeast of the German language area, much of Bavaria, most of Austria and South Tyrol in Italy, as well as Samnaun in Switzerland. Before 1945, Bavarian was also prevalent in parts of the southern Czech Republic and western Hungary. Bavarian forms a continuum of more or less mutually intelligible local and regional variants.
Bavarian Grammar and Pronunciation
- Omniglot - Bavarian alphabet & pronunciation
- linguashop.com/bavarian-grammar - Bavarian grammar lessons free to download in PDF
- wikizero.com/en/Bavarian_language - Bavarian Grammar
- bayrisches-woerterbuch.de/bairisch-lernen/bairische-grammatik - Bavarian Grammar
Bavarian Reading Materials
- bairische-sprache.at - Bavarian-Austrian Online lessons “Use this site to explore subjects like the Bavarian alphabet, stories in Bavarian German, vocabulary, grammar lessons and much more. There are a ton of links to click on and a wealth of knowledge to gain.” Site is written in german.
- work-in-bavaria.de - Bavarian newssite
- pnp.de - newspaper online
Bavarian Listening and Video Resources
- liveonlineradio.net/bavarian-radio - radio station online
- YouTube Playlist Bavarian for Beginners
- YouTube Video How To Speak The Bavarian German Dialect | A Get Germanized Guide To The Dialects Of Germany