Northern Ndebele language resources – Language Links Database
Northern Ndebele , also called Ndebele, Zimbabwean Ndebele or North Ndebele, and formerly known as Matabele - is an African language belonging to the Nguni group of Bantu languages, spoken by the Northern Ndebele people, or Matabele, of Zimbabwe.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: 2.5 million (2015)
Official language in: Zimbabwe
Northern Ndebele Grammar and Pronunciation
- Omniglot.com - Northern Ndebele language, alphabet and pronunciation
- En-Academic.com - Northern Ndebele pronunciation
- Kids.kiddle.co - Northern Ndebele pronunciation
- Northernndebele.blogspot.com - Pronunciation, verbs, nouns, present tense and more!
- Everything.explained.today - Northern Ndebele phonology and grammar
Northern Ndebele Reading Materials
- VOA News - a newspaper online
- Omniglot.com - Useful phrases in North Ndebele
- Northernndebele.blogspot.com - Basic Ndebele phrases
Northern Ndebele Dictionaries
Northern Ndebele Listening and Video Resources
TV / Video / Movies
- Learn Ndebele - YouTube Channel about Ndebele language
- Ndawana and Friends - Let’s learn basic Ndebele YouTube Playlist
If you want to help with expanding this list of resources, please send me your suggestions here.