Samoan language resources – Language Links Database
Samoan –is the language of the Samoan Islands, comprising Samoa and the United States territory of American Samoa. It is an official language, alongside English, in both jurisdictions.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: 510,000 (2015)
Official language in: Samoa, American Samoa
Samoan Grammar and Pronunciation
- MyLanguages.org - free courses below about adjectives, adverbs, articles, gender (feminine, masculine…), negation, nouns, numbers, phrases, plural, prepositions, pronouns, questions, verbs, vocabulary, exercises… to help you with your Samoan grammar.
- Learn 101 - “All the lessons contain audio and are all offered for free. We will learn the alphabet together. We will also review some simple grammar rules, practice common phrases, and we will have fun memorizing many important vocabulary lists, and everything else that you see below.”
- ILanguages.org - this site is designed to teach you and help you learn Samoan for free through vocabulary, phrases, grammar and flashcards (vocabulary trainer).
- Omniglot.com - language, alpabet & pronunciation
- Samoan.ws - Pronunciation, grammar, phrases & vocabulary
- Samoan Language Pronunciation Guide - PDF
Samoan Reading Materials
- https://www.samoatimes.co.nz/ - a newspaper online
- https://www.samoagovt.ws/category/latest-news/ - a newspaper online
- MyLanguages.org - “If you're trying to practice your Samoan Reading then the page below should help.”
- Cram.com - Samoan Flashcards
Samoan Listening and Video Resources
TV / Video / Movies
- SBS Samoan - a podcast
- https://tv1samoa.com/ - TV Station online
- Islandize YT Channel - “perfect for kids and families, and beginners at all levels.”
- Collin Boren YT Channel - “This channel was created to assist you in learning the Gagana Samoa.”
- Radio.org.nz - Radio Samoa
- MyTuner-Radio.com - List of Top Samoa radio stations
If you want to help with expanding this list of resources, please send me your suggestions here.