Slovenian language resources – Language Links Database
Slovenian – is a South Slavic language spoken by the Slovenes. It is spoken by about 2.5 million speakers worldwide, the majority of whom live in Slovenia, where it is one of the three official languages. As Slovenia is part of the European Union, Slovene is also one of its 24 official and working languages.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: 2.5 million (2010)
Official language in: Slovenia, European Union
Slovenian Grammar and Pronunciation
- Omniglot.com - alphabet and pronunciation
- MyLanguages.org - free courses below about adjectives, adverbs, articles, gender (feminine, masculine…), negation, nouns, numbers, phrases, plural, prepositions, pronouns, questions, verbs, vocabulary, exercises… to help you with your Slovenian grammar.
- Learn 101 - “All the lessons contain audio and are all offered for free. We will learn the alphabet together. We will also review some simple grammar rules, practice common phrases, and we will have fun memorizing many important vocabulary lists, and everything else that you see below.”
- ILanguages.org - this site is designed to teach you and help you learn Slovenian for free through vocabulary, phrases, grammar and flashcards (vocabulary trainer).
- 101 Languages - frequency list, vocabulary, grammar and many more
- WikiBooks - alphabet and vocabulary
Slovenian Reading Materials
- W3Newspapers - List of Slovenian newspapers online
- MyLanguages.org - “f you're trying to practice your Slovene Reading then the page below should help.”
Slovenian Listening and Video Resources
TV / Video / Movies
- Squid TV - List of Slovenian TV stations online
- https://forvo.com/languages/sl/ - Collection of Slovenian words pronounced by native speakers
- TED.com - TED talks with Slovenian subtitles and transcripts
- 21 Languages - YT Channel - 250 basic words and phrases in Slovene
- Learn Slovene - YT Channel
- MyTuner-Radio - List of Slovenian Radio Stations Online
If you want to help with expanding this list of resources, please send me your suggestions here.