Tigrinya language resources – Language Links Database
Tigrinya (ትግርኛ; also spelled Tigrigna) - is a Semitic language commonly spoken in Eritrea and in northern Ethiopia's Tigray Region. It is also spoken by the global diaspora of these regions.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: 9.85 million (2020)
Official language in: Eritrea, Ethiopia
Tigrinya Grammar and Pronunciation
- http://www.people.vcu.edu/ - Tigrinya Grammatical Terminology
- MustGo.com - Tigrinya language, dialects & structure
- LinguaShop.com - “These Tigrinya online grammar lessons and PDF grammar download will really help you learn. Each page provides a clear explanation of a particular aspect of Tigrinya grammar with examples of use.”
- Omniglot.com - Tigrinya language, alphabet & pronunciation
- Ucl.ac.uk - The Tigrinya alphabet
Tigrinya Reading Materials
- Eritrea.be - Cardinal numbers, days of the week, useful words and phrases, names of foods and drinks and many more!
- Quizlet.com - Tigrinya-English flashcards
- People.vcu.edu - 12 different lessons on Tigrinya language
- Omniglot.com - Useful phrases in Tigrinya
- Wiki Voyage - Triginya phrasebook
- E-Learning.tsu.ge - “My Tigrinya Phrasebook” compiled by Pete Crowther - PDF
- PolyglotClub.com - Tigrinya Vocabulary: Greetings
- Quizlet.com - Tigrinya Phrases flashcards
- https://www.linguashop.com/ - 5000 Word Tigrinya Dictionary - To Download
Tigrinya Listening and Video Resources
TV / Video / Movies
- AWR Tigrinya Podcast - “Daily Tigrinya (ትግርኛ) radio programs for Eritrea & Ethiopia, brought to you by Adventist World Radio”
- BemnetBerheMeried - Tigrinya lesson 01 - learn Tigrinya in an easy way.
- The Habby - Tigrinya Lessons playlist
- Learn50Languages - Tigrinya for beginners in 100 lessons
- ILoveLanguages! - The Sound of the Tigrinya language (Numbers, Greetings & The Parable)
- https://www.sbs.com.au/ - Radio Station online
If you want to help with expanding this list of resources, please send me your suggestions here.