Aramaic language resources – Language Links Database
Aramaic – (Classical Syriac: ܐܪܡܝܐ Aramaya) is a family of languages or dialects, belonging to the Semitic family. More specifically, it is a part of the Northwest Semitic subfamily, which also includes Canaanite languages such as Hebrew and Phoenician. The Aramaic script was widely adopted for other languages and is ancestral to both the Arabic and modern Hebrew alphabets.
More information: Wikipedia
Aramaic Grammar and Pronunciation
- 11 Introductory Lessons in Aramaic – grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary
- Learn Assyrian - Aramaic alphabet and vocabulary
- E-teacherBiblical.com - learn Biblical Aramaic Course – seems like a paid one. You have to fill in your details, so they can contact you.
- Aramaic Lexicon - Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon Project
- Jaas.org - The Aramaic Language And Its Classification , 22 pages (pdf)
- Jewish-Languages - Jewish Aramaic Research Site
- Media.sabda.org - The Aramaic Language, Grammar and Syntax
Listening and Video Resources
- Wn.com - 14 videos in modern Aramaic
If you want to help with expanding this list of resources, please send me your suggestions here.