Balochi language resources – Language Links Database
Balochi (بلۏچی, Balòci) is a Northwestern Iranian language spoken primarily in the Balochistan region divided between Pakistan, Iran, and Afghanistan. Balochi was not a written language before the 19th century, and the Persian script was used to write Balochi wherever necessary. However, Balochi was still spoken at the Baloch courts.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: 3 to 5 million (2011)
Official language in: Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan
Balochi Grammar and Pronunciation
- mustgo.com - A brief summary o fBalochi language Grammar, Dialects and writing
- https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-02452292/document - PDF “Towards a Historical Grammar of Balochi : Studies inBalochi Historical Phonology and Vocabulary-Agnes Korn”
- baask.com - Basic Balochi phrases for new learners
- pakistaniat.com - Balochi lessons in grammar, Balochi Courses, Tutorial, vocabulary, useful phrases, pronunciation and other Materials. Balochi language resources to help you learn Balochi vocabulary fast and for free!
- lingfil.uu.se - Download link to keyboard for writing Balochi in Arabic script
Balochi Reading Materials
- nawaewatan.balochtech.com - Balochi language newspaper online
- library.mcgill.ca - A course in Baluchi
- lingfil.uu.se - A brief introduction to Balochi literature (pdf)
- webonary.org - Balochi-English online dictionary
- balochidictionary.com - Balochi dictionary online
- freelang.net - Balochi dictionary online
- shaygle.com - Balochi to English translator
Balochi Listening and Video Resources
TV / Video / Movies
- YouTube Balochi Language Learning Channel - Balochi language learning channel
- YouTube Baluchi Zone - This channel is dedicated to the Baluch diaspora around the world.