Danish language resources – Language Links Database
Danish – is a North Germanic language spoken by around six million people, principally in Denmark and in the region of Southern Schleswig in northern Germany, where it holds minority language status. There are also significant Danish-speaking communities in Norway, Sweden, the United States, Canada, Brazil and Argentina. Due to immigration and language shift in urban areas, around 15–20% of the population of Greenland speaks Danish as their home language.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: 5.6 million (2007)
Official language in: Denmark, Faroe Islands, European Union, Nordic Council
Danish Grammar and Pronunciation
- UniLang - Website with multiple resources to help you learn Danish
- ILanguages - This site is designed to teach you and help you learn Danish for free through vocabulary, phrases, grammar and flashcards (vocabulary trainer).
- Users.cybercity.dk - Basic Grammar
- Learn101 - “Learn Danish, by going step by step. All the lessons contain audio and are all offered for free. We will learn the alphabet together. We will also review some simple grammar rules, practice common phrases, and we will have fun memorizing many important vocabulary lists”
- Larnoasis.com - “Learn Danish Grammar online! Grammar Explorer makes grammar practice entertaining and interesting. It is ideally suited to a self-study environment as learners are carefully guided in their learning.
Designed specifically for online learning. Meets the requirements of the Council of Europe‘s syllabus for Level A2, Waystage
Prepares learners for a European Language Certificate (A2), recognised throughout Europe”
- MyLanguages - “Learn Danish which is also called Dansk, check our courses about adjectives, adverbs, articles, gender (feminine, masculine…), negation, nouns, numbers, phrases, plural, prepositions, pronouns, questions, verbs, vocabulary, excercises… to help you with your grammar.”
- Webarchive.org - Danish Grammar
Digitized Grammar Books
- Scribd.com Teach Yoursel Danish – An Online Book
- TravLang - Vocabulary For Tourists
- Cram.com - Thousands of flashcards
- Quizlet.com - Thousands of flashcards
- MasterAnyLanguage - Flashcards for learners of all levels
- SurfaceLanguages - Learn phrases in the Danish language by selecting the phrases that you want to learn from the list on the right. These cover a wide variety of topics.
- Linguanaut “This page contains a table including the following: Danish phrases, expressions and words in Danish, conversation and idioms, greetings, and survival phrases. It also helps if you simply want to know what to say when chatting!
Most of the sentences below are used for everyday life conversations, so they might come handy if you memorize them.”
- Danois.free.fr - Thematic vocabulary (on the left)
- Quia.com - Business Terms
- DigitalDialects - Vocabulary Learning Games
- Loecsen.com - basic words and useful phrases you will need for your trip (with audio and pdf)
- BBC - Essential Phrases
- GoScandinavia - Useful Words & Phrases
- Denmarkfacts.com First aid kit in Danish language – Most common phrases
Danish Reading Materials
- ThePaperBoy - A List of Over 50 Newspapers
- AbyzNewsLinks - A List of Over 60 Newspapers
- GrimmStories - The complete fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm in Danish
- Lonweb.org - Learn Danish With Parallel Texts
- Gutenberg - A List of Over 50 Danish Books
- ChildrensLibrary.org - Books For Children In Danish (this site does not exist anymore)
- Danish Version of Wikipedia
Danish Listening and Video Resources
PODCASTS / AUDIOBOOKS
- ITunes Join Danish teacher Karin as she teaches you the basics of Danish. In this podcast you’ll be learning just enough Danish to get by on a holiday or business trip to Denmark – and to impress Danish speakers everywhere!
Each lesson includes just over one minute of language-learning content, so there’s no excuse not to learn! Remember – even a few phrases of a language can help you make friends and enjoy travel more. 14 Lessons.
TV / VIDEO / MOVIES
- MyEasyTv - A List of TV Stations
- SquidTV - A List of 14 TV Stations
- YouTube - A List of YT Video Lessons
- Rad.io - A List of over 50 Radio Stations