Dutch language resources – Language Links Database
Native speakers: 23 million (2006), 28 million (L1 plus L2 speakers) (2012)
Official language in: Aruba, Belgium, Curaçao, Netherlands, Sint Maarten, Suriname, Benelux, European Union, Union of South American Nations, CARICOM
Dutch Grammar and Pronunciation
- DutchGrammar Dutch Grammar and Audio (and forum as well)
- Speakdutch.nl - Key Phrases, Grammar Course and Useful Words
- ILanguages - this site is designed to teach you and help you learn Dutch for free through vocabulary, phrases, grammar and flashcards (vocabulary trainer)
- Languagetrav.com - this guide to the Dutch language aims at providing a basic understanding of the pronunciation, sentences, and grammar. Furthermore, our guide to streaming audio will enable you to listen to Dutch radio stations live, and our links’ section provides other Dutch language resources on the web.
- UniLang - many courses from beginners to advance level
- Forbeginners.info - Dutch For Beginners
- Rietvink.com - Introduction to the Dutch language
- Learndutch.nu - learn Dutch with free Online language courses, this is a Integral Dutch Course for foreigners. There is grammar description, interpretation and a short text in every lesson.
It is quite a good method for beginners to study.
All the lessons are with Audios, you can download the mp3 files to practice the pronunciation, speaking and your listening skills.
- Verbos.eu - Online tool to help learn the dutch verb conjugations
- Elanguageschool.net - A lot of lessons – Grammar, Words and Phrases, Video (together with audio)
- Learn101 - “All the lessons contain audio and are all offered for free. We will learn the alphabet together. We will also review some simple grammar rules, practice common phrases, and we will have fun memorizing many important vocabulary lists.”
- MyLanguages - Courses about adjectives, adverbs, articles, gender (feminine, masculine…), negation, nouns, numbers, phrases, plural, prepositions, pronouns, questions, verbs, vocabulary, excercises… to help you with your Dutch grammar.
- Taalthuis.com - Free Online Course: it contains all the basic grammar, vocabulary and even pronunciation rules you need and a lot of online exercises and tests.
- Foreigndocuments.com - Alphabet and Phrases
- Valley-trail.com - Language Course for Beginners and Advanced Learned
- Learnpractice.com Practice Vocabulary and Grammar with Short Quizzes
Learn 400+ must-know Dutch words and phrases with the vocabulary exercises.
Practice grammar topics such as conjugations of verbs and adjectives.
Take short quizzes of 20 questions on the topics you select.
- Ielanguages.com - Dutch Tutorials Index: Basic Phrases, Vocabulary and Grammar
- Smartphrase.com - hundreds of useful phrases in 12 categories, vocabulary lists and pronunciation guide
- Learndutch.org - “1000 most common words in Dutch” is a course for beginners, who want to reach fast a basic vocabulary. The method, developed by Bart de Pau, consists of 40 lessons.
In each lesson you learn 25 words. It is recommended to do the Dutch Alphabet/Pronunciation lesson, before you start with this course.
- Loecsen.com - basic words and useful phrases you will need for your trip (with mp3 and pdf)
- Kwintessential - Dutch Phrases
- Linguanaut - this page contains a table including the following: Dutch phrases, expressions and words in Dutch, conversation and idioms, Dutch greetings, and survival phrases. It also helps if you simply want to know what to say when chatting in Dutch!
Most of the sentences below are used for everyday life conversations, so they might come handy if you memorize them.
- DigitalGames - Language Learning Games
- Cram.com - Thousands of Flashcards
- Quizlet.com - Thousands of Flashcards
- MasterAnyLanguage - Flashcards for learners of all levels
- SurfaceLanguages - Learn phrases by selecting the phrases that you want to learn from the list on the right. These cover a wide variety of Dutch topics.
Dutch Reading Materials
- ThePaperBoy - A List of Over 50 Newspapers
- Abyznewslinks.com - A List of Over 60 Newspapers
- Wikipedia - A List of Over 40 Newspapers
- Lonweb.org - Learn Dutch With Parallel Texts
- Gutenberg - Dozens of Books in Dutch
- Comicbookplus.com - Comic Books in Dutch
Dutch Listening and Video Resources
PODCASTS / AUDIOBOOKS
- ITunes - you get comprehensive, easy to use lessons that make learning Dutch fun for anyone. Each audio podcast contains a complete lesson and can be downloaded in seconds to your iPod, iPhone, iPad, computer or mp3 player so that you can learn Dutch quickly and actually be speaking Dutch in no time at all. 35 records.
- ITunes - Laura speaks Dutch By Brenno de Winter. 57 lessons
- Radioboeken.be - Dutch Audiobooks
- HearDutch - “On my website you can hear thousands of Dutch words, names and phrases. On top of that the site offers resource material and a suggested method for learning Dutch, and a series of lessons.”
- OneMinuteDutch - a podcast aiming at teaching you the Dutch language
TV / VIDEO / MOVIES
- Rad.io - A list of Over 300 Hundred Stations