Slovak language resources – Language Links Database
Slovak - is a West Slavic language of the Czech–Slovak group, written in Latin script. Spoken by approximately 5 million people as a native language, primarily ethnic Slovaks, it serves as the official language of Slovakia and one of the 24 official languages of the European Union.
Slovak is closely related to Czech, to the point of mutual intelligibility to a very high degree, as well as Polish. Like other Slavic languages, Slovak is a fusional language with a complex system of morphology and relatively flexible word order. Its vocabulary has been extensively influenced by Latin] and German and other Slavic languages.
More information: Wikipedia
Native speakers: 5.2 million (2011–2012)
Official language in: Slovakia, European Union, Vojvodina
Slovak Grammar and Pronunciation
- MyLanguages.org - free courses below about adjectives, adverbs, articles, gender (feminine, masculine…), negation, nouns, numbers, phrases, plural, prepositions, pronouns, questions, verbs, vocabulary, exercises… to help you with your Slovak grammar.
- Learn101 - “All the lessons contain audio and are all offered for free. We will learn the alphabet together. We will also review some simple grammar rules, practice common phrases, and we will have fun memorizing many important vocabulary lists, and everything else that you see below.”
- Slovakia Site - Slovak language and alphabet, Slovak grammar and pronunciation
- ILanguages - this site is designed to teach you and help you learn Slovak for free through vocabulary, phrases, grammar and flashcards (vocabulary trainer).
- 101 Languages - frequency list, vocabulary, grammar and many more
- WikiBooks - alphabet and vocabulary
- DigitalDialects - vocabulary and phrases games
- Cram.com - hundreds of flashcards
- MasterAnyLanguage - flashcards for learners of all levels
- Quizlet.com - hundreds of flashcards
- Afrikaans.free.fr - thematic vocabulary (on the left)
- SurfaceLanguages - learn phrases in the Afrikaans language online by selecting the phrases that you want to learn from the list. These cover a wide variety of topics.
Slovak Reading Materials
- MyLanguages.org - “If you're trying to practice your Slovak Reading then the page below should help. “
- W3 Newspapers - Slovakia newspapers online
- 101 Languages - Top 3 Slovak Language Newspapers Online
Slovak Listening and Video Resources
TV / Video / Movies
- Televizia Karpaty - online TV Station
- https://www.ta3.com/live - TV and News Online
- Slovak Girl YT Channel - YouTube Channel with dozens of videos
- One Minute Slovak - a podcast about Slovak language
- Comprehensible Slovak- a podcast about Slovak language
- LanguageCourse.net - Top 20 Slovak Radio Stations
If you want to help with expanding this list of resources, please send me your suggestions here.