Welsh language resources – Language Links Database
Welsh – is a Brittonic language of the Celtic language family that is native to the Welsh people. Welsh is spoken natively in Wales, by some in England, and in Y Wladfa (the Welsh colony in Chubut Province, Argentina). Historically, it has also been known in English as "British", "Cambrian", "Cambric" and "Cymric".
More information: Wikipedia
England: 110,000 (2001, estimated)
Official language in: Wales
Welsh Grammar and Pronunciation
- ILanguages -is designed to teach you and help you learn Welsh for free through vocabulary, phrases, grammar and flashcards (vocabulary trainer).
- MustGo.com -Welsh grammar, vocabulary and writing system
- MyLanguages.org - courses about adjectives, adverbs, articles, gender (feminine, masculine…), negation, nouns, numbers, phrases, plural, prepositions, pronouns, questions, verbs, vocabulary, exercises… to help you with your Welsh grammar.
- 101 Languages - vocabulary, phrases and pronunciation.
- Learn101.org - “All the lessons contain audio and are all offered for free. We will learn the alphabet together. We will also review some simple grammar rules, practice common phrases, and we will have fun memorizing many important vocabulary lists, and everything else that you see below.”
- WikiBooks - alphabet and vocabulary
Welsh Reading Materials
- Golwg360 - a newspaper online
- BBC.com - a newspaper online
- FernFederation - Welsh language Books in PDF form
Welsh Listening and Video Resources
TV / Video / Movies
- S4C Television - S4C includes news, drama, documentaries, music, entertainment and children programmes.
- Learn Welsh Podcast - “A Podcast to help people learn to speak the Welsh Language in a fun and simple way.”
- Learn Welsh for Begginers: Most Important Phrases and Words - YT Channel
- Learn Welsh - YT Channel
- https://www.radio.net/language/welsh - 4 Walsh Radio Stations Online
If you want to help with expanding this list of resources, please send me your suggestions here.